Access Training is a well established training provider in the primary school sector and registered with the SkillsActive Code of Practice for Training Providers. You may already be aware of the service we offer.
We are getting in contact to let you know that we are now inviting primary schools throughout the UK to act as hosts for the following First Aid training courses delivered by British Red Cross:
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1 day)
- Basic First Aid for Teachers (1 day)
- Appointed Persons ( Half day)
In return for their hospitality we are offering host schools up to 3 FREE places at each training course for their own staff.
We are also continuing to provide our successful programme of training workshops called A Positive Approach to Working with Children for which we offer up to 5 FREE places for host schools (please note that this programme is currently only available in England and Wales):
- The Role of the Mid-day Supervisor
- Effective Induction for Mid-Day Supervisory Staff
- Managing Children’s Behaviour in Wet Playtimes
- Managing Children’s Behaviour in the Playground
- Managing Children’s Behaviour (General)
- Bully Aware!
- Feeling Good! – (Self Esteem for Children)
- Including Children in the Playground
- Including Children with Additional Needs in the Playground
- Positive Language
Host School Criteria
In order to be a host school you would need to meet the following requirements:
- The training room is ideally at ground floor level with chairs arranged in a horseshoe and a minimum of 400sq.ft. of clear floor space in front of the delegates to enable demonstration and practice (principally First Aid courses).
- Mats are available to lay on if the room is not carpeted (First Aid courses only).
- The area is free from distractions to enable uninterrupted learning.
- The room is well lit, has adequate power points, is comfortably warm and well ventilated, with male and female toilets nearby.
- Facilities are available nearby for refreshments and tea/coffee/water can be provided for participants at the start of each session.
- Car parking is near to the training area, to enable the trainer easy and safe access for the loading and unloading of course materials.
- Fire exits and evacuation procedures are available and details displayed to ensure a safe means of evacuation/escape in the event of emergency.
- A white wall or white board is in the room.
- A digital projector/or interactive whiteboard can be provided for a powerpoint presentation (all courses except First Aid).
- A flipchart/white board can be provided (all courses except First Aid).
Access Training has an Equal Opportunities Policy and aims to deliver training courses to the highest possible standards. We would need to know in advance what facilities you have to ensure that delegates with special needs are able to participate fully in the training.
What to do now?
If you would be interested in being a host school, or you would like to find out more about the training, please contact us no later than
Friday 5th November 2010 at:
229, Scraptoft Lane,
Tel/Fax: 0116 241 3203/ 0116 241 5801
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Alternatively you may wish to receive training for your staff but do not for example have the facilities to act as a host school. Please contact us if you wish to send your own staff to host school events in your area. We would also contact you when a host school course or workshop is arranged near to where you are.
Access Training, 229 Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, LE5 2HT