THINK PSYCHOLOGY THINK BANGOR
'The School of Psychology at Bangor is producing some of the
best quality psychology graduates in the UK'. - External Examiners Report
Bangor has an unusual combination of qualities, which make our department uniquely well positioned to offer undergraduates an exceptional learning experience and a degree which carries with it the reputation of an exceptional department.
What makes Bangor Unique?
- One of only 5 Departments regularly ranked in the top 10 for both student satisfaction and research performance
- Established in 1963 Bangor Psychology is one of the oldest and largest in the UK
- Our world-class research focused academics are involved in undergraduate teaching, which is lead by a research active Teaching Team who focus on delivering the undergraduate programmes. This dual emphasis provides students with a skill set that is second to none and a degree which carries with it our worldwide research reputation
- We have developed sophisticated systems that ensure our students achieve their full potential in a department that combines excellence with accessibility.
- We have a large number of laboratories including a research dedicated 3T fMRI scanner.
- THE TIMES league table ranks Bangor Psychology 2nd for Student Experience (behind Cambridge), 7th for Research and 14th overall from a total of 105 departments in the UK.
Psychology gives students an excellent mix of key skills and access to a varied range of professions, flexibility which is very valuable in today’s economic climate and Bangor University, with the School of Psychology in the vanguard, has been at the forefront of the drive to embed employability into academically rigorous degrees.
Our normal offers are in the range of 340-280 points. General Studies/Key Skills are not accepted and applicants are strongly preferred to have at least 1 relevant science A level (Maths, Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Psychology, Science) GCSE Maths & English are required. Applications from those with other qualifications are welcomed.
BA / BSc Psychology
BSc Psychology with Clinical & Health
BSc Psychology with Neuropsychology
BSc Psychology with Child & Language Development
What’s Bangor Like?
Bangor is situated on the north Wales coast between the mountains of Snowdonia and the sea, making it one of the most attractive university towns in the UK. Bangor has a reputation as a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, safe and friendly city, which hosts over 9,000 students drawn from across the globe.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01248 382629, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.bangor.ac.uk/psychology. We look forward to hearing from you.
Director of Student Recruitment, Marketing & Admissions
Bangor School of Psychology
Bangor University, Brigantia Building, Penrallt Road, Bangor,