A unique resource for teachers addressing issues
of racism, mixed heritage, cultural stereotyping and bullying, based on real-life experiences. Students' book, teachers' book and cd-rom. Suitable for work with late Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3.
The many links to Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning
(DCSF, SEAL – DfES 0110/2005) materials help consolidate
ideas and lead students to a deeper level of consideration
of the everyday issues encountered by mixed heritage families.
Use this beautifully illustrated book and interactive website
www.skindeep.org.uk to meet the characters and look at their backgrounds.
The cd-rom included with the teacher notes booklet provides
printable worksheets and clip art.
Single copy of each book £14.95 + p&p
Group reader set (6 student books, 1 teacher book) £49 + p&p
This innovative resource will:
- Help students to explore sensitive issues based on real-life experiences of mixed heritage families.
- Enable students to engage with the multicultural characters and consider their views using up-to-date language and contexts.
- Enable students to address bullying around race, religion and culture, how to prevent it and what to do when it happens.
- Give students the opportunity to explore racist stereo-typical views and reflect on their own experiences and actions.
- Order online via the Devon LDP shop (click ‘shop’ tab at top of screen and ‘Browse for English as an Additional Language’ menu on left) and we will ship goods with an invoice. www.devonldp.org
- Buy with a credit card – phone 01392 386812
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and address of your school and we will ship goods with an invoice
Visit the Devon EMA website for more information about other EAL, multicultural and dual language resources.
Devon Learning and Development Partnership
Ethnic Minority Achievement
Redworth House, Ashburton Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5JZ
E: email@example.com, www.devonldp.org, T: 01392 386812