‘The Dad Factor’: a new training package for schools from the Fatherhood Institute
Building on the phenomenal success of Fathers’ Story Week (note 1), the Fatherhood Institute (note 2) brings you The Dad Factor - a training package designed to support schools to get fathers and father-figures engaged in their children’s learning and development, and in ‘parent-school’ activities more widely.
Did you know?
But research also shows that fathers often feel excluded by schools, preschools and nurseries, and that this helps prevent them from participating actively in their children's education.
The Dad Factor shows schools how to increase father involvement, thus unlocking a huge resource which can greatly improve child outcomes.
What is The Dad Factor?
The Dad Factor, our new training package for schools, is evidence-based and practice-focussed. Designed with INSET days in mind, the course will provide your school (or schools cluster) with tools and strategies to:
Positively involved fathers can have a huge impact on children’s learning and development, including on their reading age and other performance measures, and on their behaviour. Drawing on international evidence and our extensive practical knowledge of ‘what works’, we show you how best to tap into dads’ potential.
To find out more about The Dad Factor, contact: Katherine Jones, the Fatherhood Institute’s Training Manager at email@example.com or tel 0786 776 1251.
1. Fathers’ Story Week
As well as being held at 716 schools, FSW was implemented by 216 nurseries, 182 pre-schools, 907 children’s centres, 45 libraries and 30 prisons. launched in June 2010. FSW was organised by the Fatherhood Institute in collaboration with Barnardos, with the aim of getting dads involved in their children’s learning and development, working and spending time together in order to improve educational outcomes.
Early results suggest 75% of dads rated FSW as excellent, and the remaining 25% rated it as good. Almost 90% said the week had improved their relationship with their child’s school. To find out more visit the FSW website, www.fathersstoryweek.org.
Fatherhood Institute, Horsingtons Yard, Tiverton Place, Lion Street, Abergavenny, NP7 5PN.