- Do you need fire safety equipment for your school or college?
- Need the items quickly and approved?
- Tight budget, need to buy fire safety products at low prices?
- Not sure what to you need, want free advice?
- Evacuation chairs for disabled pupils, staff or visitors?
Firesafety.uk.com offers a wide range of fire safety equipment. Extinguishers, fire signs, fire stands, brackets, fire blankets, fire wardens Hi-viz jackets are a selection of our range of products.
- Low prices up to 80% discount
- Next day delivery in most cases
- Delivery only £4.95 + vat or FOC over £750 or on Evac chairs
- 30 day accounts for schools and colleges
- Easy order on line or phone through your order
What’s an Evacuation chair and why might our school or college need one?
Under the Disability Discrimination Act and The Fire Safety Order, all persons who have a responsibility for the building have a duty to ensure persons (including students, staff and visitors) with reduced mobility can safely and efficiently exit the building. It is no longer the responsibility of the Fire Service to evacuate all persons from a building!
In the event of a fire or emergency, the stairs and not the lifts should be used. That’s fine if you're able bodied, but not if you have reduced mobility. Getting to the safe refuge point is one thing but going down stairs in a wheelchair is just not feasible or safe. The solution is the EC1 & EC2 evacuation chairs for any person, including disabled, those with reduced mobility, obese, heavily pregnant, and injured or anyone who may be less able to comfortably walk down the stairs under their own ability.
Need to find out more info?
Free phone 0800 074 7177 www.firesafety.uk.com
Firesafety.uk.com, Postmill house, Windmill Hill, Hailsham, East Sussex BN27 4RT