Ultimate Outdoor Learning: Contrasting not Duplicating
Lancashire, Southampton, London, Greater Manchester, Leeds & Sheffield
(for booking please see below)
This completely new course looks at the essential nature & long term advantages of offering high quality, challenging outdoor learning. The course will:
- Explores the pedagogy behind outdoor learning providing practitioners with solid philosophical justification useful for practitioner coaching, senior management, Ofsted & parents.
- Examines the critical role of the adult in supporting learning outdoors.
- Examines ultimate outdoor provision & learning with common sense ideas as to how to put this into practice in the delegates provision.
- Identifies what is basic to effective outdoor learning and moves onto consider the essential elements of provision.
- Provides many practical examples of effective provision.
- Considers hazard, risk taking and challenge.
- Explores on-going learning experiences & planning for effective outdoor learning (short & medium term revised May 2013).
- Promotes the use of stories as a starting point for developing early learning in the outdoors, developing plods (possible lines of development) and following children’s learning needs & interests.
Lancashire - Clayton Park Conference Centre, Junction 7 Business Park, Blackburn Road, Clayton le Moors, Accrington, BB5 5JW, Thursday 16th January 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
Southampton - New Place, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2JY on Thursday 30th January 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £155 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee
London - etc. venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Tuesday 25th February 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
Greater Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Tuesday 4th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
Leeds - Weetwood Hall Hotel, Otley Road, Leeds LS16 5PS on Thursday 6th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Tuesday 11th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Please e-mail the following details to email@example.com
School name, address & telephone number:
Order No: Participant Name:
Course name: Course date:
Kathy Bigio Limited, 1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
Early Years Advice & Training
firstname.lastname@example.org www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063