Early Years Courses Summer 2014
In Birmingham, Lancashire, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Greater Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton
Evidencing Attainment for Ofsted in the Early Years
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1R on Tuesday 6th May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Leeds - Weetwood Hall Hotel, Otley Road, Leeds LS16 5PS on Wednesday 7th May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This full day course will look at ways of evidencing progress in learning & attainment (key Ofsted judgment) for children in EYFS. The course will consider manageable ways of base-lining & providing ongoing tracking in nursery & reception (providing tracking documents). The course will also consider recording observations and using these to inform next steps in learning. The course considers records of achievement (learning journeys) & how to develop these for individual children. As a key part of evidencing progression we will also look at short planning & evaluation.
Outstanding Ideas for Developing Communication & Language in EYFS
- London - etc.venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Tuesday 13th May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Greater Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 9XA Wednesday 21st May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This new course will:
- Look in detail at the Early Years Outcomes for Communication & Language
- Raise practitioners awareness and understanding of children’s communication and language
- Help practitioners become more aware of language as an essential pre-requisite for all future learning
- Help practitioners understand how their own communicative behaviour affects children’s communicative behaviour
- Develop a range of exciting and stimulating activities to help children learn to listen attentively and speak clearly and confidently through both child initiated & adult led learning and through indoor & outdoor environments
- Think about promoting language for thinking, big questions & the use of plan, do, review
- Focus on developing sustained shared thinking, what it is and how to develop it.
Ultimate Outdoor Learning: Contrasting not Duplicating
- Birmingham Area – Beckett's Farm (A. E. Beckett & Sons Ltd), Heath Farm, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6AJ on Wednesday 14th May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This course looks at the essential nature & long term advantages of offering high quality, challenging outdoor learning.
The course will:
- Explores the pedagogy behind outdoor learning providing practitioners with solid philosophical justification useful for practitioner coaching, senior management, Ofsted & parents;
- Examines the critical role of the adult in supporting learning outdoors;
- Examines ultimate outdoor provision & learning with common sense ideas as to how to put this into practice in the delegates provision;
- Identifies what is basic to effective outdoor learning and moves onto consider the essential elements of provision;
- Provides many practical examples of effective provision;
- Considers hazard, risk taking and challenge;
- Explores on-going learning experiences & planning for effective outdoor learning (short & medium term revised May 2013);
- Promotes the use of stories as a starting point for developing early learning in the outdoors, developing plods (possible lines of development) and following children’s learning needs & interests.
Outstanding Ideas to Develop Early Writing in EYFS
- Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Thursday 8th May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Southampton - New Place, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2JY on Monday 12th May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £155 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This completely new course will consider the fundamentals that need to be in place in child initiated & adult directed teaching to ensure confident writers. The course will:
- Provide opportunities for practitioners to reflect on the ways to promote & develop early writing for young children in nursery & reception classes;
- Suggest strategies for the development of staff knowledge of the processes involved in meeting the individual needs of children;
- Provide a wealth of basic ideas for practitioners to take away and put into practice easily & economically;
- Consider the nature of enhanced/enriched provision to support writing & how to challenge more able writers in FS;
- Look at promoting a positive image of writing for all children whilst also meeting the needs of boys;
- Investigate the nature of interactive writing situations & stimulating creative writing.
- Explore the teaching of writing from a developmental perspective.
Outstanding Planning for the EYFS Framework
- Lancashire - Clayton Park Conference Centre, Junction 7 Business Park, Blackburn Road, Clayton le Moors, Accrington, BB5 5JW, Tuesday 20th May 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This new course is designed to support delegates in relation to planning in nursery & reception classes after the introduction of EYFS 2012 & EYFSP 2013 & for Ofsted. The day will help practitioners reflect on their current planning methods in order to ensure that children & their learning are put at the heart of the planning process. The course will look in detail at planning for learning for individual children, groups of children, classes of children & planning for staff development & coaching. The course provides support & formats for long, medium & short term planning. The course will consider planning for adult directed learning, child initiated learning and outdoor learning.
Please e-mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant Name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Kathy Bigio Limited, 1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
Early Years Advice & Training
email@example.com www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063