Early Years Courses in March & April 2014
(for booking see below)
Evidencing Attainment for Ofsted in the Early Years
This full day course will look at ways of evidencing progress in learning & attainment (key Ofsted judgment) for children in EYFS. The course will consider manageable ways of base-lining & providing ongoing tracking in nursery & reception (providing tracking documents). The course will also consider recording observations and using these to inform next steps in learning. The course considers records of achievement (learning journeys) & how to develop these for individual children. As a key part of evidencing progression we will also look at short planning & evaluation.
Lancashire - Clayton Park Conference Centre, Junction 7 Business Park, Blackburn Road, Clayton le Moors, Accrington, BB5 5JW, Thursday 13th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Tuesday 21st March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
London - etc.venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Tuesday 1st April 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
Meeting the Needs of 2 Year Olds in the Maintained Sector
Many maintained sector schools are now taking children from the age of two. This course is designed to raise practitioners awareness of the very specific needs of two year olds in relation to:
- An appropriate learning environment inside & outside
- The provision of a range of learning experiences
- Planning & evidencing learning
- Attachment theory & the key person system
Liverpool - The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1R on Wednesday 5th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
The Adult Role in Supporting & Extending Children’s Learning in EYFS
This full day course is aimed at raising adults awareness of the many & varied roles they play when working in early years classrooms. The course is suitable for teaching & non-teaching staff. The course explores: supporting child initiated & adult directed teaching, using ongoing observation & assessment to identify next steps in learning, asking quality questions & developing childrens vocabulary, promoting independence & positive behaviour, the crucial development of early years knowledge & understanding including child development and knowledge of the key person system & its importance.
Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1R on Thursday 20th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
Greater Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Friday 28th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
EYFS: Child Initiated Learning & Continuous Provision
This new course looks at the EYFS statutory requirement to provide a balance of adult led and child initiated learning. The course will consider:
- What freely chosen or child initiated learning implies.
- How child initiated learning can be offered through a range of continuous provision in the indoor environment.
- The nature of basic continuous provision & how this might be set up, maintained & planned for in order to identify potential learning outcomes.
- Enhancement of basic continuous provision.
- Challenge for children whose learning needs to be extended through challenge. (adult initiated or open ended learning)
- An in depth look at the three characteristics of effective learning & how they relate to child initiated learning
- Short & medium term planning for continuous provision, enhancement & challenge.
Birmingham Area - Beckett's Farm (A. E. Beckett & Sons Ltd), Heath Farm, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6AJ on Wednesday 2nd April 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
Ultimate Outdoor Learning: Contrasting not Duplicating
This completely new course looks at the essential nature & long term advantages of offering high quality, challenging outdoor learning. The course will:
- Explores the pedagogy behind outdoor learning providing practitioners with solid philosophical justification useful for practitioner coaching, senior management, Ofsted & parents.
- Examines the critical role of the adult in supporting learning outdoors.
- Examines ultimate outdoor provision & learning with common sense ideas as to how to put this into practice in the delegates provision.
- Identifies what is basic to effective outdoor learning and moves onto consider the essential elements of provision.
- Provides many practical examples of effective provision.
- Considers hazard, risk taking and challenge.
- Explores on-going learning experiences & planning for effective outdoor learning (short & medium term revised May 2013).
- Promotes the use of stories as a starting point for developing early learning in the outdoors, developing plods (possible lines of development) and following children’s learning needs & interests.
Greater Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Tuesday 4th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
Leeds - Weetwood Hall Hotel, Otley Road, Leeds LS16 5PS on Thursday 6th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Tuesday 11th March 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Please e-mail the following details to email@example.com
School name, address & telephone number:
Order No: Participant Name:
Course name: Course date:
Kathy Bigio Limited, 1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
Early Years Advice & Training
firstname.lastname@example.org www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063