Early Years Courses Summer 2014
In Birmingham, Lancashire, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Greater Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton
*New for Summer 2014
EYFS & Ofsted - in Line with New Documentation April 2014
- Leeds - Weetwood Hall Hotel, Otley Road, Leeds LS16 5PS on Wednesday 11th June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- Birmingham Area - Beckett's Farm (A. E. Beckett & Sons Ltd), Heath Farm, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6AJ on Thursday 19th June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- Greater Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA Monday 23rd June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Southampton - New Place, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2JY on Wednesday 18th June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £155 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This completely new course is designed to bring schools up to date with the revised EYFS documentation and new Ofsted Documentation for April 2014. The course will look at the proposed introduction of EYFS Ofsted judgements, Sir Michael Wilshire’s ‘Unsure Start’ and his letter to those inspecting maintained early years provision. The course will move on to look at the four main judgements Achievement of Pupils, Quality of Teaching, Safeguarding & Behaviour, Management & Leadership specifically in relation to how this may look in EYFS. Practitioners will leave the day with an understanding of how to work through the Ofsted experience in a positive way with a particular emphasis on developing high quality practitioners, the indoor & outdoor learning environment, planning & evidencing progress & achievement.
Ultimate Outdoor Learning: Contrasting not Duplicating
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston, L35 1R on Tuesday 10th June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course looks at the essential nature & long term advantages of offering high quality, challenging outdoor learning.
The course will:
- Explore the pedagogy behind outdoor learning providing practitioners with solid philosophical justification useful for practitioner coaching, senior management, Ofsted & parents;
- Examine the critical role of the adult in supporting learning outdoors;
- Examine ultimate outdoor provision & learning with common sense ideas as to how to put this into practice in the delegates provision;
- Identify what is basic to effective outdoor learning and moves onto consider the essential elements of provision;
- Provide many practical examples of effective provision;
- Consider hazard, risk taking and challenge;
- Explore on-going learning experiences & planning for effective outdoor learning (short & medium term revised May 2013);
- Promote the use of stories as a starting point for developing early learning in the outdoors, developing plods (possible lines of development) and following children’s learning needs & interests.
Meeting the Needs of 2 Year Olds in the Maintained Sector
- London - etc.venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Tuesday 17th June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
Many maintained sector schools are now taking children from the age of two. This course is designed to raise practitioners awareness of the very specific needs of two year olds in relation to:
- Consider the standards for early years teacher & their implication for practice;
- An appropriate learning environment inside & outside;
- The provision of a range of learning experiences;
- Observation, assessment, planning & evidencing learning for 2-3 year olds including 2+ check;
- Attachment theory & the key person system.
The Adult Role in Supporting & Extending Children’s Learning in EYFS
- Lancashire - Clayton Park Conference Centre, Junction 7 Business Park, Blackburn Road, Clayton le Moors, Accrington, BB5 5JW, Tuesday 24th June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £125 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This full day course is aimed at raising adults awareness of the many & varied roles they play when working in early years classrooms. The course is suitable for teaching & non-teaching staff. The course explores: supporting child initiated & adult directed teaching, using ongoing observation & assessment to identify next steps in learning, asking quality questions & developing childrens vocabulary, promoting independence & positive behaviour, the crucial development of early years knowledge & understanding including child development and knowledge of the key person system & its importance.
Outstanding Planning for the EYFS Framework
- Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Thursday 12th June 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £145 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This new course is designed to support delegates in relation to planning in nursery & reception classes after the introduction of EYFS 2012 & EYFSP 2013 & for Ofsted. The day will help practitioners reflect on their current planning methods in order to ensure that children & their learning are put at the heart of the planning process. The course will look in detail at planning for learning for individual children, groups of children, classes of children & planning for staff development & coaching. The course provides support & formats for long, medium & short term planning. The course will consider planning for adult directed learning, child initiated learning and outdoor learning
Please e-mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant Name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Kathy Bigio Limited, 1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
Early Years Advice & Training
email@example.com www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063