Courses in June 2015
(for booking see below)
EYFS: Evidencing Your Baseline on Entry
Using knowledge of child development & effective evidence
- Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Tuesday 9th June 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- London - etc.venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Wednesday 24th June 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Birmingham Area - Beckett's Farm (A. E. Beckett & Sons Ltd), Heath Farm, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6AJ on Thursday 25th June 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £150 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee
- Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Wednesday 1st July 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £150 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Leeds - Double Tree Hotel, Granary Wharf, 2 Wharf Approach, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 4BR. 0113 241 1000 on Thursday 2nd July 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £135 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- Lancashire – Ribby Hall Conference Centre, Ribby Road, Wrea Green, Preston PR4 2PR Tuesday 26th September 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Southampton - De Vere Venues New Place, High Street, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2JY on Wednesday 7th October 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1RZ on Tuesday 20th October 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
Whether you have decided to use the new formal baseline this year or not, as a school, you need to ensure you have a very clear picture of where each of your EYFS children is on entry to your school. The right evidence will allow you to show on entry attainment and progress over the next year and on into KS1 & 2. This is essential whether the child is 2, 3, 4 or 5 years old as current Ofsted practice uses this data as a starting point for measuring value added & progress.
It is therefore vital that your baseline is accurate and can be effectively substantiated by schools.
This course will provide delegates with the necessary knowledge of child development & identify the collection of appropriate evidence in order to be able to substantiate baseline data to senior management, Ofsted and to local authority moderators.
The course will look in detail at Early Years Outcomes, the use of child development expertise & the identification of the kind of evidence which can indisputably substantiate baseline. The course will further consider the use of tracking to identify progress in children’s learning and how this should be used to inform short term planning & adult child interactions. The course will also look at significant comments & next steps.
Participants will also consider how to include the child & parents in the assessment process.
Outstanding Ideas for Developing Communication & Language in EYFS
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1RZ on Wednesday 10th June 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course will:
- Look in detail at the Early Years Outcomes for Communication & Language.
- Raise practitioners awareness and understanding of children’s communication and language.
- Help practitioners become more aware of language as an essential pre-requisite for all future learning.
- Help practitioners understand how their own communicative behaviour affects children’s ability to communicate.
- Develop a range of exciting and stimulating activities to help children learn to listen attentively and speak clearly and confidently through both child initiated & adult led learning with some additional thoughts on indoor & outdoor environments.
- Think about promoting language for thinking, big questions & the use of plan, do, review.
- Focus on developing sustained shared thinking, what it is and how to develop it.
EYFS & Ofsted – the Early Years Judgement
- Lancashire – Ribby Hall Conference Centre, Ribby Road, Wrea Green, Preston PR4 2PR Friday 12th June 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Southampton - De Vere Venues New Place, High Street, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2JY on Tuesday 23rd June 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This course is designed to bring schools up to date with current EYFS and Ofsted documentation in use from September 2014 whilst updating delegates on the current status of the new common inspection framework 2015. The course will look at the specific EYFS Ofsted judgement. We will move on to consider the main judgements and how they relate to EYFS alongside the specific early years judgement. Ofsted have identified that good practice / neglect of EYFS impacts on the whole school attainment & teaching & learning. This focus on early years will continue next academic year under the common inspection framework.
Delegates will leave the day with an understanding of how to use self-evaluation to support the development of EYFS practice and work through the Ofsted experience in a positive way. The course will look at evaluating current practice in relation to developing effective strategic & middle management of EYFS, the essential nature of high quality practitioners, an effective environment for learning both inside & outside, planning for differentiated learning and evidencing progress & achievement.
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Please e-mail the following details to email@example.com
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant Name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
Kathy Bigio Limited, Early Years Advice & Training
1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063