Early Years Courses November 2014
In Birmingham, Lancashire, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Greater Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton
*New for Autumn 2014
EYFS & Ofsted – the Early Years Judgement
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1R on Monday 10th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This completely new course is designed to bring schools up to date with the current EYFS documentation and Ofsted Documentation in use from September 2014. The course will look at the introduction of the specific EYFS Ofsted judgement, Sir Michael Wilshire’s 'Unsure Start' and his letter to those inspecting maintained early years provision analysing the impact this has on good early years practice. The course will move on to consider the main judgements and how they relate to EYFS alongside the specific early years judgement. Ofsted have identified that good practice / neglect of EYFS impacts on the whole school attainment & teaching & learning. This focus on early years is reflected in the whole school judgement relating leadership & management.
Delegates will leave the day with an understanding of how to use self-evaluation of EYFS to support the development of practice and work through the Ofsted experience in a positive way. The course will look at evaluating current practice in relation to developing effective strategic & middle management of EYFS, the essential nature of high quality practitioners, an effective environment for learning both inside & outside, planning for differentiated learning & evidencing progress & achievement.
EYFS: Child Initiated Learning, Continuous Provision & The Characteristics of Effective Learning
- London - etc. venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Tuesday 25th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course looks at the EYFS statutory requirement to provide a balance of adult led and child initiated learning. The course will consider:
- What freely chosen or child initiated learning implies.
- How child initiated learning can be offered through a range of continuous provision in the indoor environment.
- The nature of basic continuous provision and how this might be set up, maintained & planned for in order to identify potential learning outcomes.
- Enhancement of basic continuous provision.
- Challenge for children whose learning needs to be extended (adult initiated or open ended learning).
- An in depth look at the three characteristics of effective learning & how they relate to child initiated learning.
- Short & medium term planning for continuous provision, enhancement & challenge.
Outstanding Ideas for Developing Communication & Language in EYFS
- Southampton - New Place, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2JY on Wednesday 26th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
This new course will:
- Look in detail at the Early Years Outcomes for Communication & Language.
- Raise practitioners awareness and understanding of children’s communication and language.
- Help practitioners become more aware of language as an essential pre-requisite for all future learning.
- Help practitioners understand how their own communicative behaviour affects children’s ability to communicate.
- Develop a range of exciting and stimulating activities to help children learn to listen attentively and speak clearly and confidently through both child initiated & adult led learning with some additional thoughts on indoor & outdoor environments.
- Think about promoting language for thinking, big questions & the use of plan, do, review.
- Focus on developing sustained shared thinking, what it is and how to develop it.
Meeting the Needs of 2 Year Olds in the Maintained Sector
- Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Tuesday 11th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £150 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Birmingham Area - Beckett's Farm (A. E. Beckett & Sons Ltd), Heath Farm, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6AJ on Thursday 27th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £150 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
Many maintained sector schools are now taking children from the age of two. This course is designed to raise practitioners awareness of the very specific needs of two year olds in relation to:
- The standards for early years teacher & their implication for practice.
- An appropriate learning environment inside & outside.
- The provision of a range of learning experiences.
- Observation, assessment, planning & evidencing learning for 2-3 year olds including 2+ check.
- Attachment theory & the key person system.
Outstanding Planning for the EYFS Framework
- Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Monday 17th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course is designed to support delegates in relation to planning in nursery & reception classes after the introduction of EYFS 2012 & EYFSP 2013 for Ofsted. The day will help practitioners reflect on their current planning methods in order to ensure that children and their learning are put at the heart of the planning process.
The course will look in detail at planning for learning for individual children, groups of children, classes of children & planning for staff development & coaching. The course provides support & formats for long, medium & short term planning. The course will consider planning for adult directed learning, child initiated learning and outdoor learning.
Please e-mail the following details to email@example.com
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant Name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
All the above & following courses can be delivered in your school or for your network of schools:
Kathy Bigio Limited, 1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
Early Years Advice & Training
firstname.lastname@example.org www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063