Early Years Courses November 2015
(for booking see below)
Outstanding Ideas to Develop Early Writing in EYFS
- Lancashire – Ribby Hall Conference Centre, Ribby Road, Wrea Green, Preston PR4 2PR Monday 9th November 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £135 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Leeds - Double Tree Hotel, Granary Wharf, 2 Wharf Approach, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 4BR. 0113 241 1000 on Wednesday 25th November 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £155 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee
This course will consider the fundamentals that need to be in place in child initiated & adult directed teaching to ensure children become confident writers. The course will:
- Provide opportunities for practitioners to reflect on the ways to promote & develop early writing for young children in nursery & reception classes.
- Suggest strategies for the development of staff knowledge of the processes involved in meeting the individual needs of children.
- Consider the nature of enhanced / enriched provision to support writing & how to challenge more able writers in FS.
- Look at promoting a positive image of writing for all children whilst also meeting the needs of boys.
- Investigate the nature of interactive writing situations & stimulating creative writing.
- Explore the teaching of writing from a developmental perspective.
Observing Outstanding Provision in Your Foundation Stage – a course for senior leaders, managers & subject coordinators
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1RZ on Friday 13th November 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £135 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Birmingham Area - Beckett's Farm (A. E. Beckett & Sons Ltd), Heath Farm, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6AJ on Tuesday 17th November 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £155 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- London - etc.venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Wednesday 18th November 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £185 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This completely new course will enhance the current knowledge of senior leadership & management of Foundation stage in looking for quality in their provision. The course will focus on the role of the person leading & managing provision in EYFS. Providing a format for observing & monitoring all aspects of provision & practice.
The course will provide an overview of what is regarded by Ofsted as outstanding leadership and provide a framework for leaders & managers to develop an effective action plan for future development. The main aspects considered in the course will involve observing & monitoring:
- Knowledgeable confident practitioners
- Children engaged in effective learning in child initiated & adult directed activities
- The learning environment inside & outside (including basic provision, enhancement & challenge)
- Children evidencing positive behaviours & respect for learning environment
- Evidence & progress of children in EYFS
- Analysing outcomes & achievement
- Parental engagement
EYFS: Child Initiated Learning,
Continuous Provision building on how young children learn
- Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Monday 30th November 2015, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £135 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course looks at the EYFS statutory requirement to provide a balance of adult led and child initiated learning. The course will consider:
- What freely chosen or child initiated learning implies.
- How child initiated learning can be offered through a range of continuous provision in the indoor environment.
- The nature of basic continuous provision and how this might be set up, maintained & planned for in order to identify potential learning outcomes.
- Enhancement of basic continuous provision.
- Challenge for children whose learning needs to be extended (adult initiated or open ended learning).
- An in-depth look at the three characteristics of effective learning & how they relate to child initiated learning.
- Short & medium term planning for continuous provision, enhancement & challenge.
Ultimate Outdoor Learning in EYFS
– Contrasting not Duplicating
- Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Tuesday 24th November 2015 10am to 3.45pm. Price £155 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course looks at the essential nature & long term advantages of offering high quality, challenging outdoor learning. The course will:
- Explores the pedagogy behind outdoor learning providing practitioners with solid philosophical justification useful for coaching, senior management, Ofsted & parents.
- Examines the critical role of the adult in supporting learning outdoors.
- Examines ultimate outdoor provision & learning with common sense ideas as to how to put this into practice in the delegate’s provision.
- Identifies what is basic to effective outdoor learning and moves onto consider the essential elements of provision.
- Provides many practical examples of effective provision.
- Considers hazard, risk taking and challenge.
- Explores on-going learning experiences & planning for effective outdoor learning (short & medium term).
- Promotes the use of stories as a starting point for developing early learning in the outdoors developing plods (possible lines of development) and following children’s learning needs & interests.
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Please e-mail the following details to email@example.com
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant Name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
Kathy Bigio Limited, Early Years Advice & Training
1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063