EYFS Courses / In School Advice & Training
EYFS & Inspection 2017/2018
- Northampton – Hilton Hotel, 100 Watering Lane, Collingtree, Northampton, NN4 0XW (2 minutes drive from Junction 15 on M1). Free parking. Tuesday 3rd October 2017, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW. Free parking. Friday 13th October 2017 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Birmingham Area - Westmead Hotel, Redditch Road, Hopwood, Birmingham. B48 7AL. Telephone 0121 445 1202. Free parking. Thursday 19th October 2017. 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee. Please note change in venue.
- Cumbria - Armathwaite Hall County House Hotel and Spa, Bassenthwaite Lake, Keswick CA12 4RE. Free parking. Monday 6th November 2017, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1RZ (2 minutes drive from M62 junction 6). Free parking. Friday 17th November 2017, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Leeds – Hilton Leeds City, Neville St, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 4BX, 0113 2207702 on Monday 22nd January 2018, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee. Please note new venue. Near main train station. Chargeable car parking.
- London - etc.venues Marble Arch, Garfield House, 86 Edgware Rd, London W2 2EA (between Marble Arch and Edgware Road tube stations. NCP car park close by - visit www.ncp.co.uk), 020 7793 4200 on Tuesday 30th January 2018, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £185 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee. Please note change in venue.
- Lancashire – Ribby Hall Conference Centre, Ribby Road, Wrea Green, Preston PR4 2PR Monday 5th February 2018, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee. Free parking.
- Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Tuesday 6th February 2018, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee. Free parking.
This completely revised course will enable schools to reflect on their own EYFS departments to ensure they are best able to meet the current focus of inspection. This includes:
- Evidencing progression in learning across each year group in EYFS through effective baselining and tracking alongside the collection of appropriate evidence. This is crucial for substantiating tracking for all children including disadvantaged children.
- Ensuring leadership and management of EYFS is monitoring provision through effective observation of teaching and learning. This section will also consider the adult role, effective assessment and creating an action plan for ongoing development of EYFS in order to impact on outcomes.
- An understanding of the importance of using Early Years pupil premium effectively in EYFS for EYFS children.
- The use of incisive performance management to develop practitioners working in EYFS as a key tool to ensure outcomes are improving.
- Ensuring an effective learning environment inside and outside to promote child initiated learning.
- Ensuring adult directed learning alongside child initiated learning is developed effectively to meet the needs of all children.
Delegates will receive a format for evaluating EYFS practice in their schools in order to impact on the quality of children’s learning. Delegates will be provided with a format for self-evaluation of the EYFS statutory welfare requirements.
Managing & Leading EYFS
- Birmingham Area - Westmead Hotel, Redditch Road, Hopwood, Birmingham. B48 7AL. Telephone 0121 445 1202. Free parking. Wednesday 17th January 2018. 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee. Please note change in venue.
This completely revised course examines the role of the Foundation Stage manager & leader. The course begins with a comprehensive update in relation to recent documentation and statutory requirements. The course moves on to consider the diverse roles of the EYFS leader.
The course looks in detail at the challenges when observing FS provision and discusses how this should be carried out particularly in relation to what inspection are looking for. The course looks in detail at monitoring & evaluating the learning environment inside & outside, the role of the adult in FS, relationships, observation, assessment & planning. Participants with leave with an effective format for leaders to use in school for observing, monitoring, evaluation and identifying next steps.
Other elements of the course will consider the FS leader and the statutory requirement to provide on-going coaching for all early years staff. The course will discuss models for coaching in order to develop practice.
Participants will be provided with an outline of possible documentation to evidence the manager & leader’s role.
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. A full range of EYFS courses can be delivered in your school to meet the needs of your staff. We also offer EYFS audits in order to identify actions required to improve your EYFS. Prices on application.
Please e-mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant Name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
Kathy Bigio Limited, Early Years Advice & Training
1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
email@example.com www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063