Early Years Courses October 2014
In Birmingham, Lancashire, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Greater Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton
Managing & Leading EYFS
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1R on Tuesday 30th September 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This completely revised course examines the role of the Foundation Stage manager & leader. The course begins with a comprehensive update in relation to recent documentation and statutory requirements. The course moves on to consider the diverse roles of the EYFS leader.
The course looks in detail at the challenges when observing FS provision and discusses how this needs to be carried out particularly in relation to what Ofsted are looking for. The course looks in detail at monitoring & evaluating the learning environment inside & outside, the role of the adult in FS, relationships, observation, assessment & planning. Participants with leave with an effective format for leaders to use in school for observing, monitoring, evaluation and identifying next steps.
Other elements of the course will consider the FS leader & the statutory requirement to provide on-going coaching for all early years staff providing models for coaching in order to develop practice.
Participants will be provided with an outline of possible documentation to evidence the manager & leaders role.
EYFS: Child Initiated Learning, Continuous Provision & The Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Leeds - Weetwood Hall Hotel, Otley Road, Leeds LS16 5PS on Thursday 23rd October 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- London - etc.venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Tuesday 25th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course looks at the EYFS statutory requirement to provide a balance of adult led and child initiated learning. The course will consider:
- What freely chosen or child initiated learning implies.
- How child initiated learning can be offered through a range of continuous provision in the indoor environment.
- The nature of basic continuous provision and how this might be set up, maintained & planned for in order to identify potential learning outcomes.
- Enhancement of basic continuous provision.
- Challenge for children whose learning needs to be extended (adult initiated or open ended learning).
- An in depth look at the three characteristics of effective learning & how they relate to child initiated learning.
- Short & medium term planning for continuous provision, enhancement & challenge.
New to the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Leeds - Weetwood Hall Hotel, Otley Road, Leeds LS16 5PS on Wednesday 1st October 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- Birmingham Area - Beckett's Farm (A. E. Beckett & Sons Ltd), Heath Farm, Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6AJ on Monday 13th October 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £150 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Tuesday 21st October 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This course provides a detailed introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage for those completely new to FS or those returning to FS. The concept of the day is to provide practitioners with an action plan for the build up to their initiation into FS and a survival guide for the first few months. The course will look in detail at:
- The basic knowledge practitioners need to engage with in order to ensure appropriate early learning.
- Preparing for children coming into FS to learn and develop – what needs to be in place from the beginning.
- An action plan for the first few months in FS including developing child initiated learning inside & outside, baseline knowledge of the child and how to establish early routines, independence & appropriate behaviour.
- The course then considers developing the individual as a knowledgeable, reflective early years practitioner.
*New for Autumn 2014
EYFS & Ofsted – the Early Years Judgement
- Lancashire – Ribby Hall Conference Centre, Wrea Green, Preston PR4 2PR Friday 26th September 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Sheffield - The Double Tree Hotel (by Hilton Sheffield Park), Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield S8 8BW on Thursday 2nd October 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £150 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- London - etc.venues, 57 North Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1LA on Tuesday 14th October 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
- Southampton - New Place, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2JY on Wednesday 15th October 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 (plus VAT) including lunch and coffee.
- Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1R on Monday 10th November 2014 10am to 3.45pm. Price £130 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee.
This completely new course is designed to bring schools up to date with the current EYFS documentation and Ofsted Documentation in use from September 2014. The course will look at the introduction of the specific EYFS Ofsted judgement, Sir Michael Wilshire’s ‘Unsure Start’ and his letter to those inspecting maintained early years provision analysing the impact this has on good early years practice. The course will move on to consider the main judgements and how they relate to EYFS alongside the specific early years judgement. Ofsted have identified that good practice / neglect of EYFS impacts on the whole school attainment & teaching & learning. This focus on early years is reflected in the whole school judgement relating leadership & management.
Delegates will leave the day with an understanding of how to use self-evaluation of EYFS to support the development of practice and work through the Ofsted experience in a positive way. The course will look at evaluating current practice in relation to developing effective strategic & middle management of EYFS, the essential nature of high quality practitioners, an effective environment for learning both inside & outside, planning for differentiated learning & evidencing progress & achievement.
Please e-mail the following details to email@example.com
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant Name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and/or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Kathy Bigio Limited, 1, Dovecote, Clayton-le-Woods, Lancs, PR6 7AY.
Early Years Advice & Training
firstname.lastname@example.org www.kathybigio.com Telephone 0772 589 6063