“Look no further! Without a doubt this is the best selection of songs I’ve come across for primary school children!” Wendy Wallis, Crookston Castle Primary School, Glasgow
Dear Music Coordinator,
Are you looking for lively new resources to enhance your music curriculum?
Would you like to see your pupils really gripped and engaged with music through the use of your digital projector and interactive whiteboard?
Would you like to receive 25 song books and CDs entirely free of charge?!
Would you like to receive our “Weather” song book (with backing track CD) as a “Thank you!” simply for examining our unique new resource?
“We Love To Sing!” is our new resource for the Primary and Nursery School music curriculum. It consists of a set of 25 themed song books on a single DVD in PowerPoint format. It also contains all 25 of our song books in PDF file format. The DVD is available for the price of £75 (plus £13.12 VAT @ 17.5%). One of the first teachers to purchase “We Love To Sing!” recently wrote:
“I am writing to let you know what a fantastic purchase I have made from Notable Songs…. The songs were catchy and the children loved them…they picked them up so quickly… The PowerPoint files are excellent. As an ICT AST I will be recommending this as a resource that teachers can use on their interactive whiteboards.” (Judy Parsons, Clewer Green First School, Berkshire)
The “We Love To Sing!” DVD contains several folders:
1. A folder containing PowerPoint presentations of all 25 song books.
2. A folder containing all 25 song books in PDF file format. These may simply be printed out. (Though please note that with this offer you will receive a hard copy of all our music books gratis!)
3. A folder containing the lyrics for all the song books in Microsoft Word format.
Each of the 25 PowerPoints comes in three versions:
1. The “Audio and Lyrics Version” contains both the vocal accompaniment and the piano backing tracks. These are embedded in the PowerPoint presentation so that clicking on the relevant onscreen icon will lead to either the vocal backing or the piano accompaniment of the song being heard (if you have speakers attached, of course!). We believe this will prove to be an effective and enjoyable means of presenting the songs. There are also many photos and illustrations on the screen to help engage and retain the attention of the pupils! (Our “Ancient Egypt” PowerPoint, for instance contains a song on “The Nile” in which we have embedded a photo of a Nilometer).
2. The “Lyrics Version” of the PowerPoint is identical to the version containing the audio except, of course, that there is no accompaniment.
3. The “Stave Notation Version” contains scans of all the music sheets, designed for the playing of instruments.
Each of our song books has its own individual CD, containing both sung versions of the songs and a piano backing track for each song. (These are the same accompaniments which are embedded in the PowerPoints). This is an immensely useful tool for the classroom teacher. The normal cost of each CD is £3.50. As part of this offer we are including all 25 CDs absolutely free of charge!
Each song book contains a number of songs, usually between 8 – 12, on a specific topic, for example “Dinosaurs”, “Vikings”, “Space” or “Energy and the Environment”. There are 225 songs altogether! The songs are written as a single line melody with chord symbols above the melody line. At the end of each song book there are teaching notes with helpful ideas for the class teacher. Some of the song books contain worksheet material. Our four mini-musicals all have a narration. No licence is required for performing the musicals. See below for the full list of all 25 song books in our catalogue. You may also load the contents of the DVD onto as many computers in your school as you wish as we do not require schools to obtain a network licence.
The songs have all been written by Donna Minto, who was formerly a lecturer in the Music Department of the University of Aberdeen, where she taught both music specialist students and B.Ed primary students. She is at present a Music Specialist in Aberdeen, teaching in several local primary schools. She has also recently written the book, “Games, Ideas and Activities for Primary Music”, one of the “Classroom Gems” series, published by Pearson Longman.
Should you wish to examine “We Love To Sing!” on an inspection basis without any obligation to buy, then please click here for an order form or simply phone, fax or email us. We also provide a Freepost return address so that it will not cost you anything at all to evaluate “We Love To Sing!”
List of Titles:
Summary of Offer:
Notable Songs Limited, 5 Kingswood Grove, Kingswells, Aberdeen, AB15 8AH