Registered Private Limited Company: 7637535
Tel: 020 8850 9432
I have thirty years’ experience in primary education in London and the South East including senior leadership roles. My most recent role was a five year period with the National Strategies as a Senior Adviser where I worked on the highly acclaimed Communication, Language and Literacy Development (CLLD) Programme; planning and delivering high quality CPD and materials in order to support LAs, ITT, teachers and practitioners improve language and literacy outcomes for all children.
I am passionately committed to ensuring that children experience an enriching and motivating language and literacy provision in the home or school setting. I know that the role of the adult is crucial; that training and support should have identifiable and immediate impact on enhancing and improving adult practice. Therefore the consultancy offer is precise, practical and solutions focused. As no two establishments are alike, I offer bespoke in-house consultancy and tailored CPD packages designed specifically for the context of your LA, school or setting.
DfE Phonics Match Funding – save up to £3000!
Contact Laura for further information on how you can receive the government match funding using approved trainers for phonics CPD.
A few examples of training and support packages offered:
- Early language and literacy leadership: the what, when and how of leading improvement
- Audit and Stocktake: reviewing attainment and provision within and across year groups with leadership teams to facilitate meaningful action planning; includes data analysis
- Synthetic phonics: subject knowledge and pedagogy including the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check
- Taking delight in words and sounds: phonological and phonemic awareness in the early years
- It’s only Words: the importance of vocabulary development for young children
- Tell, Talk, Write: the necessity of talk for all writing tasks – fiction and non-fiction
- Balanced and Engaging Literacy Provision: shared, guided, independent reading and writing
- Parents’ workshops: supporting and enhancing your child’s emerging language and literacy
- Teaching Assistant CPD: the role of the support adult in the classroom
- Transition Matters: ensuring learning is continued and progress is maintained to KS1, KS2 and KS3
- Governor Briefings: key policy and research information, improving literacy, creating the reading school
|Linden Learning Network Associate Consultant
||Improve Education Group Associate Consultant
Global Education Services Ltd. Associate Consultant
Laura Sharp Literacy Ltd, 104 High Street, West Wickham, Kent, BR4 0NF