Dear PSHE colleague,
PSHE Association Annual Conference 2010
The PSHE Association invites you to their 3rd Annual Conference on June 24th in London.
PSHE education: Defining the next decade-“Maximizing opportunities & meeting challenges for statutory PSHE education in schools”
The PSHE Association third annual conference comes at an exciting point in the history of PSHE as the Bill proposing to make PSHE statutory progresses through Parliament.
This conference will provide an excellent opportunity for PSHE coordinators and subject leaders to gain an understanding of the latest developments in PSHE education including the forthcoming curriculum changes and how these will fit into the wider context of education reform.
This event will also equip delegates with strategies to quality assure existing provision and improve rigor in teaching and learning, especially in relation to assessment and progression in PSHE education.
Key note speakers confirmed:
- Hear Ofsted’s views on quality and inspection issues from Margaret Jones HMI
- Explore the practicalities of promoting wellbeing from Fergus Crow of the National Children’s Bureau
- Share the young person’s perspective from the UK Youth Parliament
Who should attend?
- PSHE practitioners
- Subject leaders
- Local authority advisers
Benefits of attending:
- Know what you and your school are required to do regarding PSHE education now and in the future
- Know how your school can use PSHE education to fulfil the statutory requirement to promote pupil wellbeing
- Recognise the contribution that PSHE education makes to the 3 statutory aims of the curriculum
- Have confidence about the assessment process in PSHE education
To find out more about the conference and to book your place visit the website
www.pshe-association.org.uk/news_detail.aspx?ID=1061 ... or call 0207 022 1911
More about the PSHE Association
The PSHE Association is a professional membership organisation providing subject leadership and support to teachers and other PSHE professionals across educational settings.
Our vision is for high quality PSHE education teaching and learning in every school, planned and delivered by confident, skilled practitioners who are recognised and valued for the job they do.
We work closely with our members to develop effective practice, represent views to government and influence policy. We encourage sharing of resources and networking to galvanize and promote improved teaching and learning.
For a small subscription fee you can:
- access and contribute to a members' only website providing resources and tools to support PSHE teaching & learning;
- receive regular PSHE education updates;
- share information & receive help from other practitioners;
- contribute to & influence national policy developments;
- access the exclusive members’ only forum;
- attend our annual conference at a discounted rate ……… and more
The recent announcement by Ed Balls, to give PSHE education statutory status from 2011 is a fantastic development for the subject community; what better time to show your support and join the leading association for PSHE education?
Strength in numbers is important; a large and growing membership helps us to develop and present a strategic vision for PSHE education, representing the views of the professional community to national policy makers to keep PSHE education on the top of their agenda.
Join the leading association for PSHE that will support you in your PSHE teaching and help raise the status and impact of PSHE education.
Visit the website to find out more www.pshe-association.org.uk/
PSHE Association, CAN Mezzanine, Downstream Building, 1 London Bridge, London SE1 9BG